You’ll Love This Job!
Activity Specialists plan, supervise, and instruct groups of children throughout the day in a particular activity or sport. Most specialists have experience playing or participating in their activity at a competitive or club level and many have taught or coached in their areas. Instruction and good sportsmanship are valued over performance so that all campers are equipped with the skills and confidence to be able to participate and enjoy the experience.
The Activity Specialist job is for eight full weeks, Monday through Friday from approximately 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. There are several mandatory pre-camp training sessions during the two weeks prior to the camp season.
We would love for you to join our team if you…
- LOVE KIDS! This is of supreme importance!
- Possess excellent character, integrity and adaptability.
- Exhibit enthusiasm, a sense of humor, patience and self-control.
- Are able to work outside with kids in summer heat. for several hours at a time.
- Accept supervision and guidance.
Completed at least 2 years of high school.
Demonstrate skill and experience in a particular activity.
Possess group leadership ability and/or has had teaching experience with groups.
- Plans a varied and creative program of activities Stays with campers at all times providing constant supervision
- Provides training to campers and staff in game rules, safety, and use of equipment
- Assists campers in tasks as needed
- Sets a good example for the group and acts as a role model for campers in regard to camp policy, procedures and philosophy
- Works collaboratively with other staff and management
- Participates in pre-camp training and ongoing in-service training