Girls Group Counselor
LEADER OF THE PACK!
The Day Camp Counselor is the primary staff member responsible for planning, leading, and implementing programs and experiences for a group of young children. She will also be responsible for the general safety and development, growth, and skill achievement of the children in her group. Throughout the day counselors monitor and participate in the group’s activities and do everything in their power to make each of their campers’ summer the most memorable yet. Counselors must be fun-loving, patient and genuinely concerned for the welfare and development of young people.
The counselor job is for eight full weeks, Monday through Friday from approximately 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. There are several mandatory pre-camp training sessions during the two weeks prior to the camp season.
We would love for you to join our team if you…
- LOVE KIDS! This is of supreme importance!
- Possess excellent character, integrity and adaptability.
- Exhibit enthusiasm, a sense of humor, patience and self-control.
- Are able to work outside with kids in summer heat. for several hours at a time.
- Accept supervision and guidance.
2 years of college or equivalent experience.
Group activity leadership and/or previous camp counseling experience with comparable age.
- Carries out daily schedule of activities for camper group.
- Stays with campers at all times providing constant supervision.
- Provides immediate assistance to campers in event of emergencies.
- Assists campers in tasks as needed.
- Sets a good example for the group and acts as a role model for campers in regard to camp policy, procedures and philosophy.
- Works collaboratively with other staff and management in a variety of planning, activity and problem-solving situations.
- Participates in pre-camp training and ongoing in-service training.